Principles And Schemes
In which activities ?
Production of goods or services as well as licensed or
Which types of investments ?
· Rehabilitation or restructuring
· Participation in company's capital as in kind
or cash contribution
· Resumption of activities within the framework
of partial or total privatization
· Joint venture/partnership
Investment facilities ?
Investment is submitted to a mere declaration(1) :
The services of the Decentralized Operational Departments
which are at the investors disposal for their projects
implementation (advantages(2) granting, search for land,
partners and accomplishment of all administrative procedures
in one site).
Incentives to investment
The presidential order n° 01-03 related to investment
development provides different advantages(3) according
to the nature of the investment project and its localization:
· The General Scheme : a full complement of competitive
· The Exceptional Scheme for:
* Areas whose development requires a particular
State contribution (defined by the Investment National
Council) : granting customs and fiscal advantages with
a possible total or partial coverage of infrastructure
* Projects presenting a particular interest for the national
economy : contractual conditions defined between investors
and the Algerian government.
The presidential order of August 20th and the Algerian
trade right stipulate the durability of the following
· intangibility of granted advantages
· income and capital transfer
· equal treatment of all investors
· International, bi or multinational conventions
and agreements related to investments incitment and protection
· Opportunity to recourse to international arbitration
for non resident investors in case of dispute.
(1) Application forms available at
the Decentralized Main Operational Departments
(2) Obtaining an answer to the advantages application
within 30 days
(3) During the implementation period for the general scheme
and the implementation and operational periods for the